Planning to construct House in India? if this is your first time then you might be interested in knowing House construction steps in India.
Here in this post I and my Dad will be sharing all the house construction activity starting from purchasing of the site to finishing the construction of our house.
We are not a Civil Engineer nor a contractor.
We are just a casual user like you who went through our house construction process and we will be documenting all the steps, difficulties, mistakes we did, things we learned while constructing our house and many more things in this blog.
This blog is purely written for Indian user who is planning to construct their first house in India.
I’m sure reading through all the articles on this blog will surely help during your house construction process.
In house construction, mainly 2 types of construction contract contractors currently doing. They are..
1) Labour Contract
In a Labour contract, the contractor’s job is to supply labor’s and get the construction job done.
Here in this type of contract, the owner has to supply contract required materials (cement, steel, bricks, etc.,) and the contractor supplies his laborer to construct a house.
In labour contract, contractor don’t take any responsibility on construction matrials.
2) Material Contract
In Material contracts, contractors handle both construction materials and laborers as well.
In this type of contract, your job is to monitor the construction process that’s it.
In material contract, your involvement is quite less compared to labor contract work.
In this blog I mainly share information about Labour contract house construction process.
Labour Contract House construction process in India involves a lot of activities. These construction activities could vary slightly from place to place. In most cases, these activities generally apply all over India with little or small changes in construction steps.
By understanding these house construction stages, I’m sure you will get some basic idea.
Below is the list of house construction activity we have gone through during our house construction in Bangalore, Karanataka in 2018.
Steps of House Construction Activity in India
- Purchasing of Site
- Building Design – House Plan, Structural details, Estimation of the building and Front elevation designs
- Government Approval
- Bhoomi Pooja for House Construction
- Site Leveling
- Bore Well
- Consult Contractors
- Building Construction contractor
- Earthwork contractor
- Wooden carpentry work contractor
- Electrical contractor
- Plumbing contractor
- Tails fixing contractor
- Granite laying contractor
- Painting contractor
- Gas pipeline laying contractor
- Temporary Shed construction
- A Temporary power supply arrangement
- Site marking
- Excavation in Construction
- PCC Bed for Footing
- Water curing
- Sump construction
- Mat Laying and Column Standing
- Footing Concreting
- Raising Pillar Till Plinth Level
- Digging Earth for Foundation Work
- Size Stone Masonry
- Soil Backfilling
- Plinth Beam Building
- Piller raising to 7 feet
- All Doors frame fixing and leveling
- Wall construction up to 3 feet
- Window frame fixing
- Setup lintel and sajja to window and door level
- Raise pillers 10 feet above the plinth level
- Raise walls 10 feet above the plinth level
- Centering for beam and also roof
- Consult for an electrical contractor for provision of roof pipes
- Fix centering plates on the water level
- Cover all the gaps between the plates
- Apply oil to the plates and spread mat over the area
- Bar bending work for beams and roofs
- Electrical pipes run inside the roofs and beams before molding
- Molding and Steps construction
- After 12 Hours of molding
- After 21 days, remove centering materials
- Construct safety grill/Safety Rcc wall around the terrace
- Check electric pipes blockage in the RCC
- Electrical, Dish line, and Internet marking
- Incommer supply box fixing
- Electrical pipeline laying inside the house
- Plumbing work for the kitchen, bathroom, and wherever required
- Laying of water pipes and sewage pipes till the outside wall
- Setup Western/Indian toilet to the bathroom
- Close all water pipes and sewage pipes with end caps inside and outside
- Gas pipeline laying inside and outside wall
- Fix kitchen Platform, sink, and Shelves in the kitchen room
- Start inside wall and roof plastering
- Wherever tails fixing Inside or Outside walls, provide rough plastering
- Birla white cement as to plaster for smooth finishing – 2 coats
- One coat of primer paint inside the wall
- Final coat painting
- Wall tails fixing
- Floor tails or Granite laying
- Outside wall plastering
- Outside plumbing work and tank fixing
- Outside one coat primer and one coat painting
- Inside and Outside plumbing material fixing
- Electrical switch box cover fixing and wiring
- Electrical accessories fixing inside the building
- Laying of an electrical service line for Permanent connection
- Digging of Electrical Earthing Pit
- Digging of Toilet/Septic Pit
- Swege line connection to drainage
- Parking tails fixing
- Compound wall construction around the building
- Main gate
- Front elevation
Above is all the house construction activity we did while constructing our house. There could be a few extra or fewer steps involved depending on your requirements.
If you have any doubt or any suggestion feel free to share on below comment section.