When we started our first building, we had little clue about framing contract structures with our building contractor.
Fortunately, we got a good building contractor and didn’t face any issues with him apart from paying a little more than the contract condition.
This is due to our mistake.
We were unaware of a few things we needed to know before starting our house construction.
Anyway. After building two houses, we learned a few things about the building contractor and his work scope.
Everything I learned I’m going to share in this guide.
This will be helpful for all the users planning to start their house construction work soon.
This guide is specially designed to help someone who hasn’t finalised their building contractor to their building.
I also shared some tips about your building construction work in this guide.
In this guide, you will learn the following:
- Tips to choose the right building contractor #1
- Qualities you need to know before finalising contractors
- Ignoring this step while choosing a contractor will slow down work from the contractor’s side #1.4
- The simple test to check the quality work of the contractor and his team #1.6
- Ask these questions to his work-in-progress building owners to know about the contractor #1.7
- Remember this tip to reach your contractor in case of an emergency #1.8
- How one skilled contractor tried to collect cash upfront by small changes he made in the labour payment structure #1.9
- Our first and second building contract terms #2.1, #2.2
- How I would structure my building contract terms now #2.3
- Discuss these things with your contractor before finalising the deal #3
- Don’t forget to discuss this with your building contractor, which is related to plumbing work, or else they may say it’s not ours. #3.6
- Understand this point to stop losing money #3.10
- These contract tips will save you money in building contract labour expenses. #3.13
- best time to discuss contract #3.14
- The main mistake we made in our first building, which resulted in paying more than we discussed in the contract terms #4.2
- Few labour tips
- Follow this Room Chajja tip shared by our engineer, and you will remember me after completing your building. #4.20
- Things you need to remember if you plan to install a solar water heater #4.37
- Want more water pressure in taps? remember this tip when building a house #4.39
- Forget this tip; your staircase will convert into a waterfall during the rainy season #4.40
- Install wall drop? then remember to do this where Waldrop will come #4.41
- Don’t do MS/SS work before finishing this task, or else you will regret it later #4.42
- Make sure to follow these tips when plastering, or else you will end up paying more to your painting contractor #4.43
- In the process of finishing plastering work faster, don’t make this common mistake done by most house owners #4.44
- Need to Place washing machine on the terrace? then you need to know this tip before you do so #4.45
- If you are installing sliding windows and you want granite platform around windows… then don’t make this mistake #4.46
- If you install granite flooring and want to carry a lengthy slab to the first and above floors… It would be best if you kept this in mind while building walls #4.47
- Things you need to remember while building a parapet wall #4.53, 4.54
- And much more…
Who Is This Training For?
- If you have not yet started your house construction work
- You still need to finalise your building labour contractor
- You need to understand the In and out of labour contract
- You need to structure a better agreement with your contractor
- You need to save money in labour contract
- Knowing some of the construction best practices
Who Is This Training Not For?
- You already finalised your building contractor & signed the contract agreement.
About the Author
Hi, I’m P K Arun. With a labor contract, we constructed our house in Bangalore. We learned a lot of lessons. I’m sure many of you who will build a house without experience will face some challenges. So I decided to share everything that I learned here.
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s a mini text-based digital course delivered in a secured member’s area.
Absolutely! We have a generous 30-day, no questions asked refund policy. Just email us at arun (at) houseconstructionguide.com, and we’ll process a refund if this course does not fit you.
You can reach me by emailing arun (at) houseconstructionguide.com. I’ll be glad to answer any questions you have.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Try my Building Contractor Guide for the full 30-days. If, for whatever reason, it didn’t add any value it you, then I don’t want your Money.
Just contact me by email at arun (at) houseconstructionguide.com within 30 days of the purchase, and I will give you a full refund.